Start/Home:
Downloads & Links:
anz(at)vespa50.se
ALBUM

PHOTOS:

Steering Lock and keys

(26)

Wheels

(22)

Seats and luggage carrier

(23)

Taillight

(6)

Front fork

(35)

Handlebar

(10)

Body/Frame

(25)

Motor/Engine

(31)

Before and After

(7)

Motor/Engine

1

2012-04-05
The motor works and I hope it does not give me any headaches. I´m gonna clean it, replace some screws/bolts that are missing and other parts that are worn, such as brake shoes

2

2012-04-07
The exhaust system was over. Will probably buy a new one. Previous owners have tried to weld it but the rust holes are everywhere. Adios ...

3

2012-04-07
When I removed the flywheel (which was glued!) I saw that the ignition plate was oily. Oh no!

4

2012-04-08
The ignition plate was in very good condition. I just cleaned all the coils and replaced the wires and the capacitor.

5

2012-04-08
When the ignition plate was gone I could see where the oil came from. Someone had beaten or struck on the block half and it had burst. Well, now we go!

6

2012-04-12
One thing that bothered me was that most of the threads were broken. Aluminum is soft and if you pull the screws hard, well, the thread breaks!

7

2012-04-12
Luckily, it is easy to arrange. I bought a kit "Helicoil" which you can repair the threads. First you drill it up the hole with the right dimension.

8

2012-04-12
Step two is of course to thread new thread in the hole.

9

2012-04-12
Now, just to screw in the new thread. Actually I like the new threads better because they are made ​​of steel and last longer.

10

2012-04-12
And here is the final result. Good eh?

11

2012-04-15
Engine is now disassembled. Should only press out all the bearings and clean it.

12

2012-04-15
Well, this happens when you are careless. When I pressed out the bearings, I managed to break the engine! Check out the size of the crack :) The problem is not the crack, but finding a new engine!

13

2012-04-15
The engine is away for welding. Residual welding is turned off and then, the engine must be measured so it is ok. It´s time for me to start looking for a replacement motor!

14

2012-04-26
This week's job was to clean the cylinder and the top/head. I painted the cylinder black. Can not complain about the result.

15

2012-06-07
This week I picked apart the engine completely. Washed engine halves and cleaned out all the holes and all threads. As new ...

16

2012-06-07
Without the right tools, it is almost impossible to remove all ball bearings. All bearings should be replaced anyway. I take no risks while I've picked apart the engine.

17

2012-06-09
The rear suspension was in bad shape. Most of it was rusty and the rear shock-absorber needed to be replaced. I started to disassemble all parts and ordered what would be saved.

18

2012-06-09
After cleaning all the parts, installed a new shock-absorber and painted the spring, The result was perfect.

19

2012-06-09
I was not happy with how the parts looked like, so I painted everything for a better look. I spend much time on details. It's worth it when you see the result.

20

2012-06-09
Forgot to say that all the loose parts were submitted for nickel plating. Sure I could buy some new ones, but I choose the hard way, and renovate the original parts!

21

2012-06-09
I also had time to do in order carburetor. All I did was cleaning the carburetor, replaced of all the gaskets and painted the air filter. The carburetor was actually in pretty good condition.

22

2012-06-09
I bought a new exhaust system as the original. The only difference is that the barrel ends up on the right side and it becomes easier to remove the rear wheel. It also came without any protection, so I painted it with black paint that can withstand 650 degrees heat.

23

2012-12-18
Since the original engine cases was broken, I had to find a new engine. I managed to find a new one in France. It was in great condition except for the dirt and a little rust. The cost was 40 € for the engine cases and 19€ for shipping!

24

2012-12-18
I cleaned the engine, changed all the bearings and everything else that was rusty.

25

2012-12-18
The next step was to install the gears and new gaskets. The engine will be like new! Also had to change the engine number!

26

2012-12-18
Most of the parts are in place. Before I continue with the assembly, I'll gonna see if there are any oil leaks. Then i´ll put the cylinder, exhaust and ignition plate. The last step will be to set the ignition and start it!

27

2013-05-14
Putting the engine in place was a real hell. Without the help of my big brother, I had not managed it! Thanks Bro!

28

2013-05-14
Grrr. It turned out that cyllindern was not for my model. It fits, but the air intake did not fit. I had to modify / extend the intake pipe. Job, job and more job on parts that should fit. It never ends...

29

2013-05-18
The electrical system worked perfect, I just needed to draw a new cable that was broken. And ofcourse cleaning up the parts. Thanks Håkan for helping me tuning the engine :)

30

2013-05-19
Ready to start the engine for the first time. I needed to kick the engine 3 times and it worked just fine. Just need to put the covers in place and the motor is done.

31

2013-06-02
In order to not melt down the cable covers, I had to wrap the exhaust pipe with fabric that can isolate heat. It worked really fine. Thanks for the tip, Patrick!