Start/Home:
Downloads & Links:
anz(at)vespa50.se
ALBUM

PHOTOS:

Steering Lock and keys

(26)

Wheels

(22)

Seats and luggage carrier

(23)

Taillight

(6)

Front fork

(35)

Handlebar

(10)

Body/Frame

(25)

Motor/Engine

(31)

Before and After

(7)

Body/Frame

1

2012-01-13
I started to disassemble all the parts from the frame. After having inspected everything, it turned out that there was no rust at all!

2

2012-01-13
However, there were plenty of holes that previous owner had drilled, lots of dents and cracked plate.

3

2012-01-13
I found several cracks such as this one. But what to expect of a vehicle that turns 61 this year!

4

2012-01-13
Actually there were several collision damage on the frame, but nothing serious. I just have to "fix" the plate and weld all holes/cracks.

5

2012-04-18
I started with the left side case today. It had many dents but no cracks. I'm halfway in this picture and all the dark spots where I grind are small dents. The little cover does not fit at all. Very skewed. See the arrows.

6

2012-04-18
After about 4 hours, I got it to fit. As I said, aluminum is soft and easily worked. Previous owner tried to fix the cover, but did more harm than good. Now I'll just remove the paint, fix the final dents and it is ready for painting

7

2012-04-18
The hinge on the inside didnīt fit at all. I have to make sure it fits before I rivet the hinge.

8

2012-06-02
Have started to weld the frame as well. The fact is that there are some holes that the previous owners have drilled. A total of 19 holes. My friend Tage does the work for me in his garage.

9

2012-06-02
Unfortunately, all holes are quite large and rusty around the edges. I drilled all the holes up to 9 mm, put a washer inside the hole and welded around the washer. Itīs quite difficult otherwise to fill such large holes in sheet metal thatīs so thin!

10

2012-06-02
When I sanded off the edges from welding, thereis no signs of previous holes. 18 holes left hehe...

11

2012-06-02
Something that annoys me is the quality of the "new" parts. I wanted the cap would be in chrome, mostly for the show. Unfortunately, chromium was of poor quality. It came off when blowing with compressed air!!! The fit was really bad too. I threw € 25 right in the garbage!

12

2012-06-02
So I have to repair the old gas cap. Unfortunately, it was pretty rusty. But I just need to nickelplate and paint it the same color as the tank!

13

2012-12-18
Now that the frame is disassembled and all the cracks and holes repaired, it was time to sandblast the frame.

14

2012-12-18
As you can see, the frame is clean of all rust and paint. It saves a LOT of work by blasting.

15

2012-12-18
I found some small holes that were hidden under all the layers of paint. These holes will be welded and all the dents fixed before the primer!

16

2013-04-20
The next step was priming and sanding. Very important to get it perfect or else you can see the defects after paint!

17

2013-04-22
While I waited for the frame, I started to repair the engine cover. Full of holes, cracks, rust, and broken screws.

18

2013-04-22
The lock and the backing plate had to be replaced with new ones.

19

2013-04-22
The support plate was made ​​of new galvanized metalsheet.

20

2013-04-22
All parts are ready to be fixed in place. The lock is new. I made the rivets ​​myself.

21

2013-04-25
The very last thing was to fix all dents and remove 5 layers of paint. A lot of job for an engine cover!

22

2013-04-25
In hate when this happens. I bought a new lock and it doesnīt fit with the holes on the engine cover. I simply had to drill new holes! Grrrr

23

2013-04-29
Today I got back all the parts painted. WOW, looks stunning. I started assembling directly. On my balcony hahaha.

24

2013-05-03
Now comes the best part. The final assembly. Mounting all the parts in place.

25

2013-05-24
And here is the result. There are a few little things left, but everything is in place ...